Introduction to FileMaker Pro 17 is a single-day hands-on class where students learn to use FileMaker Pro 17 by creating a basic contact management database.
The class walks students through the basics of FileMaker Pro 17, starting with field types and tables, and then moving on to designing layouts and reports. Along the way, students will learn how to make a database easier for users to work with by using pop-up lists and radio buttons to standardize data entry and protect the system from typos. Basic interface design principles are discussed and utilized so students can learn how to create systems that are intuitive and easy for new users to understand. Database security is also introduced so students can learn how to protect their database system from unauthorized users.
Students will be well-equipped to address many of the challenges they will face when they return to their organization.
Topics Include How To
- Create form and list layouts
- Set up navigation within FileMaker Pro 17
- Work with images and external documents
- Quickly search data
- Sort records according to categories
- Preview and print reports
- Maximize help features and on-line resources
- How to use the new security features, including touch ID and concealed editing
- How to use the new navigation parts, button bars and button icons
- How to use placeholder text for in-field labeling
- How to use object component styles
- How to use enhanced signature capture on iOS devices